We recognize the value of each of our applicant’s work and while want to help every organization, we do not always have the resources to do so. As a result, we have developed the guidelines below to help allocate our resources. Please read these guidelines carefully and contact us if you have any questions! Your application will not be considered if it is incomplete, does not provide all required supporting documentation or requests funds for a restricted program and/or activity.
BISSELL PET FOUNDATION PARTNERS GRANTS
The BPF Partner grant cycle opens sporadically, typically in the spring and fall, depending on funds available. An invite for the grant application will not be distributed, organizations must watch our website for the announcement. The focus of funds awarded will be determined prior to each cycle opening and will be detailed within the application. Requesting funding outside of the current cycle’s focus will result in an automatic denial of the application. The current application will open again Spring 2020 for SPAY/NEUTER requests. For questions related to the Partners Grant, please contact Rachel Young at email@example.com.
Beginning in 2018, BISSELL Pet Foundation will only fund organizations who microchip pets prior to adoption (this does not apply to TNR programs) and will not fund an organization that declaws cats prior to adoption.
Funding restrictions for BISSELL Pet Foundation Partners Grant include:
Adoption Funding will cover up to $100 for dogs and $50 for cats.
Spay/Neuter Funding is available up to $35 per dog spay/neuter and up to $25 for cat spay/neuter. Organizations are required to follow Banfield or Humane Alliance protocols including a minimum 24 hours of pain management.
Microchip Funding will be given at a maximum cost of $4.95 per chip.
*Additional funding restrictions may be imposed at the time of award by the grant review committee. This will be detailed in the award letter and agreed upon in an acceptance agreement. Example: your awarded funding for spay/neuter may only be approved through a preferred vendor as determined by the committee.
The organization must:
- Actively help to reduce the number of homeless animals in the community through spay neuter programs, microchipping, foster care and adoption
- Be a member in good standing of the BISSELL Partners for Pets (P4P) program for at least 6 months prior to submission of application which includes:
- Be incorporated as a nonprofit agency, recognized by the IRS as tax exempt under Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3), and qualified to do business in the state or territory in which they are located, or be a public (local government) entity
- Be in operation for at least 1 year prior to applying for funding
- Operate and be located within the 50 United States
- Past Grant Recipients are eligible to re-apply for a BISSELL Pet Foundation Partners Grant two years after last funded
- Past Grant Recipients must be in compliance with all grant reporting requirements, including the submission of a final report
BISSELL Pet Foundation will not fund the following activities and programs:
- Grant requests that exceed 10% of an organization’s operating budget;
- Indirect or ancillary costs of veterinarian care (e.g., transportation, gas cards, administrative fees, etc.);
- General operating expenses or overhead (e.g., payment of salaries or routine maintenance);
- Professional development for staff;
- Advertising (e.g., graphic design, printing, website development, etc.);
- Fuel for mobile clinics or animal transfer programs;
- Equipment purchases;
- Deficit reduction or operational deficiencies;
- Fundraising or special events;
- Capital campaigns and/or large building projects;
- Start-up costs;
- Grants to specific individuals or individual animals;
- Wildlife or marine life rehabilitation or rescue; and
- Political or lobbying activities.
Click here to print this page.