We recognize the value of each of our applicant’s work and while we want to help every organization, we do not always have enough resources. As a result, we have developed the guidelines below to help allocate our resources. Please read these guidelines carefully and contact us if you have any questions. Your grant application will not be considered if it is incomplete, does not provide all required supporting documentation or requests funds for a restricted program and/or activity.
The BPF Partner Grant cycle opens twice a year, typically in the spring and fall, pending availability of funds. An invite for the grant application will not be distributed, organizations must watch our website’s grant webpage for the announcement. Requesting funding outside of the current cycle’s focus will result in an automatic denial of the application. For questions related to the Partner Grant, please contact BISSELL Pet Foundation’s Grant and Program Specialist, Rachel Young, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BISSELL Pet Foundation’s 2022 grant cycles will be exclusively for spay/neuter requests. Funding restrictions for BISSELL Pet Foundation Partner Grant include:
Spay/Neuter: $35 will be awarded per dog spay/neuter and $25 will be awarded per cat spay/neuter. Organizations must follow ASPCA or Banfield protocols including 24 hours of pain management.
Microchips: microchips will be available upon request through our microchip provider, Petstablished. Microchips will be shipped directly to your organization upon the approval of a submitted spay/neuter grant application.
Partner Grant Eligibility Requirements:
Your organization must:
- Actively help to reduce the number of homeless animals in the community through one or more of the following activities: spay/neuter, microchipping, and/or adoption.
- Be a member in good standing of the BISSELL Pet Foundation’s Partners for Pets (P4P) program for at least 6 months (from application approval) prior to submission of a grant application which includes:
- Be incorporated as a nonprofit agency, recognized by the IRS as tax exempt under Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3), and qualified to do business in the state or territory in which they are located, or be a public (local government) entity
- Be in operation for at least 1 year prior to applying for funding
- Operate and be located within the 50 United States
- Microchip all dogs and cats that are adopted out from the organization.
- Organizations that declaw cats are not eligible for funding from BISSELL Pet Foundation.
- Past Grant Recipients are eligible to re-apply for a BISSELL Pet Foundation Partner Grant two years after the last award. Date of funding will be the approval date of an approved grant request. Ex: Joe’s Dog Rescue was approved for a BPF Partner spay/neuter grant in October of 2019. Joe’s Dog Rescue will be eligible for a second grant in the fall (October) of 2021.
- Blocktail, Grateful Pet, Empty the Shelters or Emergency grant recipients are excluded from this two-year waiting period and are eligible to receive a Partner Grant.
- Past Grant Recipients must be in compliance with all grant reporting requirements. Reporting requirements include a midyear/progress report and a final report. Failure to submit these requirements could result in the denial of future funding opportunities.
BISSELL Pet Foundation will not fund the following activities and programs:
- Grant requests that exceed 10% of an organization’s operating budget;
- Indirect or ancillary costs of veterinarian care (e.g., transportation, gas cards, administrative fees, etc.);
- General operating expenses or overhead (e.g., payment of salaries or routine maintenance);
- Professional development for staff;
- Advertising (e.g., graphic design, printing, website development, etc.);
- Fuel for mobile clinics or animal transfer programs;
- Equipment purchases;
- Deficit reduction or operational deficiencies;
- Fundraising or special events;
- Capital campaigns and/or large building projects;
- Start-up costs;
- Grants to specific individuals or individual animals (this excludes Grateful Pet awards);
- Wildlife or marine life rehabilitation or rescue; and
- Political or lobbying activities.
Award Amounts and Payment
- First time BISSELL Pet Foundation Partner Grant Recipients will be limited to $5,000.
- All awards are capped at $10,000. Please do not request an amount significantly above this recommendation.
- BISSELL Pet Foundation’s funds are limited. We encourage all our Partners to only request the dollar amount that is most needed and will be able to be effectively and efficiently spent within one year.
- All Partner Grants will be paid in two disbursements. 50% of the grant funding will be paid upon receipt of the Grant Acceptance Agreement and 50% will be withheld until Recipient submits an acceptable Progress Report at six months of the project’s term. Please see the Grant Acceptance Agreement for additional details.
- Additional funding restrictions may be imposed at the time of award by the grant review committee. This will be detailed in the award letter and agreed upon in an acceptance agreement. Example: your awarded funding for spay/neuter may only be approved through a preferred vendor as determined by the committee.